California Wonder 300 (73 days)
- California Wonder was introduced in 1928
- An improved version of the California Wonder.
- Looks just like what you would get at the organic grocery store!
- Upright 2 ft tall plants bear prolific fruits that are 4-5″ long and almost the same width across.
- California Wonder 300 has a crisp, thick flesh has a mild, pleasant flavor.
- Great for salads or stuff them whole for a delicious meal.
- Organic California Wonder 300 contains high amounts of vitamins A and C.
- Resistant to Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
1937 MacFayden Seed Co. says…
“Large sized stuffing pepper with extremely thick, mild, sweet flesh. Fruit indistinctly 4 lobed, upright, shapely, glossy dark green, measuring 4 1/2 inches in length by 4 inches in diameter. California Wonder is the standard of excellence in sweet peppers but a little late.”
|Seed Planting Depth||Seeds per gram||Germination Temperature||Days to Germination||Row Spacing||Plant Spacing||100′ Row Yield||Sun|
Planting Tips for Heirloom Sweat Peppers:
Start these vegetable seeds indoors about 6-8 weekds before your last frost date. Be sure to keep them in a warm place so that the soil temperature stays above 75°. Young heirloom pepper plants like it to stay warm and will develope well if kept happy.
Only transplanted after the heirloom pepper seedlings have shown several sets of their true leaves and only once you are sure the outside soil temperature is consistently above 65°.
Heirloom seeds are hardy but always take care with your garden seeds to give them the appropriate amount of moisture – not letting the vegetable seeds dry out prematurely or overwatering and possibly having them rot.
(source: Sustainable Seed Company)